Template:Talk Keep the following principles in mind when editing articles. While the wiki environment means someone will always fix mistakes and make things consistent eventually, every little bit helps!
- Remember to capitalize the letter M on the word 'Muppet'.
- Present dates in full: December 11, 1992. Link to the year to allow access to the timeline (and add a reference to the relevant year article if necessary).
- Use American spelling (which favors 'z' spellings such as 'organize' rather than 'organise').
- Punctuation belongs inside quotation marks. For example:
- Kermit sings "Bein' Green." is correct.
- Kermit sings "Bein' Green". is incorrect.
- Do not capitalize prepositions or other minor grammatical articles within titles. This includes in, of, on, and, or, and the. Do capitalize significant words, e.g. Bear in the Big Blue House, not Bear In The Big Blue House.
- Exception: Capitalize the first and last words of titles: The Street We Live On, not The Street We Live on.
- Titles of movies, shows, books and albums should be in italics.
- Titles of songs and individual episodes should be in "double quotes".
- When referring to individual episodes of The Muppet Show, the following format is preferred (since people can mouse over and find out who was the featured guest without making individual sentences too clunky):
- Wiki code: [[Episode_412:_Phyllis_George|episode 412]]
- Renders as: episode 412
- You only need to create a link the first time a concept is mentioned -- so don't link Gonzo fifty times in one article.
- Check whether links exist before creating them. There's nothing wrong with linking to non-existent articles, but the article may in fact exist under a slightly different name.
- Be especially careful with capitalization in links. A link to The Street We Live On is different to a link to The Street We Live on.
- Include appropriate category links in new articles (check the Category list if you're not sure which ones to use).
- In general, add pictures to articles using the following wiki markup:
- [[Image:ShawnColvinErnie.jpg|300px|thumb|Shawn Colvin sings with Ernie.]]
- Break up longer article with headings. Frequently used headings in the Muppet Wiki includes 'External Links', 'Trivia' and 'References'.