We're back online! Site is being targeted by spambots. My apologies. -- September 15, 2018
From No Subject - Encyclopedia of Lacanian Psychoanalysis
- Žižek received a Bachelor of Arts in philosophy and sociology at the Department of Philosophy, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana.
- Žižek received a Master of Arts in philosophy at the Department of Philosophy, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana.
- Žižek received a Doctor of Arts in philosophy at the Department of Philosophy, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana.
1981 - 1985
- Žižek studied psychoanalysis at the University of Paris under Jacques-Alain Miller, Jacques Lacan's son-in-law (from 1981 to 1985). In this period, Žižek wrote a second dissertation, a Lacanian reading of Hegel, Marx and Kripke. In Paris besides being sponsored for his thesis by François Regnault and Jacques-Alain Miller, he went into analysis with the latter for several years.
- Žižek ran for [president of the Republic of Slovenia ] [a seat on the four member collective Slovenian presidency], narrowly missing office, as a candidate with the party "Liberal Democracy of Slovenia".
- Žižek was a candidate for the presidency of the Republic of Slovenia in the first multi-party elections in 1990.
- Žižek was a presidential candidate for the "Liberal Democracy of Slovenia" (Liberalna Demokracija Slovenije).