- 1 WHY ŽIŽEK?
- 2 KEY IDEAS
- 2.1 Who are Žižek's influences and how do they affect his work?
- 2.2 What is a subject and why is it so important?
- 2.3 What is so terrible about postmodernity
- 2.4 How can we distinguish reality from ideology?
- 2.5 What is the relationship between men and women?
- 2.6 Why is racism always a fantasy?
- 3 AFTER ŽIŽEK
Popular culture and philosophy?
Is this not the way to read Žižek?
Subject of a biography: biography of a subject
Who are Žižek's influences and how do they affect his work?
Žižek's influences: philosophy, politics and psychoanalysis
The philosopher of the Real
What is a subject and why is it so important?
The cogito and the post-structuralists
Madness: the vanishing mediator between nature and culture
The birth of God: reading the cogito via Schelling
From subject to subjectivization
What is so terrible about postmodernity
The postmodern risk society
The disintegration of the big Other
The postrnodern superego: enjoy!
Keeping it real: the return of the Other
How can we distinguish reality from ideology?
False consciousness and cynicism
The three modes of ideology
The spectre that haunts reality
What is the relationship between men and women?
The formulae of sexuation
'Woman does not exist'
'Woman is a syrnptorn of Man'
'There is no sexual relationship'
Why is racism always a fantasy?
'Che vuoi?': 'What do you want from me?'
Looking through the fantasy window
The ethnic fantasy