Articles by Slavoj Zizek
(Redirected from Slavoj Žižek:Articles)
- The battle for Europe's soul may be lost – the fight against the populists will be about starting afresh
- Why do people find Jordan Peterson so convincing? Because the left doesn't have its own house in order
- Cambridge Analytica didn’t abuse the happiness industry – it was used exactly how it was intended to be
- 200 years later, we can say that Marx was very often right – but in a much more literal way than he intended
- I hate Donald Trump's policies but it's true – he could go down as one of history's greatest presidents
- The US establishment thinks Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is too radical – with an impending climate disaster, the worry is she isn't radical enough
- Why Netanyahu sees Poland as Israel's most loyal EU ally despite its ongoing problems with antisemitism
- The mysterious case of disappearing Chinese Marxists shows what happens when state ideology goes badly wrong
- The yellow vest protesters revolting against centrism mean well – but their left wing populism won’t change French politics
- The secret to Corbyn's success was rejecting PC culture as much as he rejected rabble-rousing populism
- Recent European movements are working to get rid of the left – Corbyn should beware their underhanded tactics
- Christian conservatives don't support Donald Trump despite his vulgarity – they support him because of it
- How did Trump really end up clashing with North Korea? By pursuing two contradictory foreign policies at the same time
- Hurricane Irma will happen again – so we need the answers to some difficult questions about global politics
- There's a dangerous and popular fashion in Europe to be antisemitic and pro-Zionist at the same time
- Lenin knew that revolution wouldn't happen overnight – we must bear this in mind as capitalism fails us today
- Alt-right Trump supporters and left-wing Bernie Sanders fans should join together to defeat capitalism
- Today's anti-fascist movement will do nothing to get rid of right-wing populism – it's just panicky posturing
- A modest rejoinder: “Although I am far from a well-meaning liberal, I simply cannot recognise myself in the lunatic-destructive figure described by Cohen.”
- Powision, p. 31ff.
- Sing of the new invasion: Ralph Fiennes’s upcoming film adaptation of Shakespeare’s Coriolanus shows its versatility
- Joe Public v the volcano: We are living in an age when we are both able to change nature and more at its mercy than ever
- Censorship Today: Violence, or Ecology as a New Opium for the Masses. 9 January 2008. Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizecology1.htm>
- The Liberal Utopia II: The Market Mechanism for the Race of Devils. 8 January 2008. Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizliberal2.htm>
- The Liberal Utopia I: Against the Politics of Jouissance. 8 January 2008. Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizliberal.htm>
- Ideology III: To Read Too Many Books is Harmful. 5 January 2008. Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizchemicalbeats.html>
- Ideology II: Competition is a Sin. 5 January 2008. Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizecology1.htm>
- Ideology I: No Man is an Island. 5 January 2008. Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizdesolationroad.html>
- Madness and Habit in German Idealism. January 2008. Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizdazedandconfused.html>
- Only a Suffering God Can Save Us. January 2008. Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizshadowplay.html>
- Radical Evil as a Freudian Category. 1 January 2008. Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizlovevigilantes.html>
- Cogito, Madness and Religion: Derrida, Foucault and then Lacan. 1 January 2008. Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizforest.html>
- Leninism Today: Zionism and the Jewish Question. 1 January 2008. Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizbarabajal.html>
- On Alain Badiou and Logiques des mondes. January 2008. Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizbadman.htm>
- Censorship Today: Violence, or Ecology as a New Opium for the Masses. January 2008. Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizecology1.htm>
- Democracy versus the people: A new account of Haiti's recent history shows how the genuinely radical politics of Lavalas
- Gorgias, Not Plato Was the Archi-Stalinist. December 2007. Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizgorgias.htm>
- A Letter Which Did Not Reach its Destination (and thereby saved the world). 19 September 2007. Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizdidnot.htm>
- Knights of the Living Dead. 25 March 2007. New York Times. Op-ed. <http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/24/opinion/24zizek.html>
- Denying the Facts, Finding the Truth. January 5, 2007. New York Times. Op-ed. <http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/05/opinion/05zizek.html>
- On 9/11, New Yorkers faced the fire in the minds of men. The Guardian. September 11, 2006. <http://www.guardian.co.uk/september11/story/0,,1869546,00.html>
- Badiou: Notes From an Ongoing Debate. International Jounal of Zizek Studies. Volume One, Number Two. <http://ics.leeds.ac.uk/zizek/article.cfm?id=21&issue=3>
- Freud Lives! London Review of Books. Volume. 28 Number 10. May 25, 2006. <http://www.lrb.co.uk/v28/n10/zize01_.html>
- The Liberal Communists of Porto Davos. In These Times. April 11, 2006. <http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/2574/>
- Hegel - Chesterton: German Idealism and Christianity. The Symptom. Issue 7. April 9, 2006. <http://www.lacan.com/zizhegche.htm>
- Nobody Has to Be Vile. London Review of Books. Volume. 28 Number 7. April 6, 2006. <http://www.lrb.co.uk/v28/n07/zize01_.html>
- The Stellar Parallax: The Traps of Ontological Difference. Lacan.com March 17, 2006. <http://www.lacan.com/zizparallax.htm>
- A Glance into the Archives of Islam. Lacan.com March 14, 2006. <http://www.lacan.com/zizarchives.htm>
- The Antinomies of Tolerant Reason: A Blood-Dimmed Tide is Loosed. Lacan.com March 14, 2006. <http://www.lacan.com/zizantinomies.htm>
- A Plea for a Return to Différance (with a Minor Pro Domo Sua). Critical Inquiry. Chicago: Winter 2006.Vol. 32, Iss. 2; pg. 226, 24 pgs.
- Jack Bauer and the Ethics of Urgency. In These Times. January 27, 2006. <http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/2481/>. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizbauer.htm>
- Biopolitics: Between Terri Schiavo and Guantanamo. Artforum. December 2005. <http://www.lacan.com/zizartforum1205.htm>
- Some Politically Incorrect Reflections on Violence in France & Related Matters. Lacan.com. November 25, 2005. <http://www.lacan.com/zizfrance.htm>
- The Obscenity of Human Rights: Violence as Symptom. Lacan.com. November 25, 2005. <http://www.lacan.com/zizviol.htm>.
- With or Without Passion - What's Wrong with Fundamentalism? I. Lacan.com. November 13, 2005. <http://www.lacan.com/zizpassion.htm>.
- Move the Underground! - What's Wrong with Fundamentalism? II. Lacan.com. November 13, 2005. <http://www.lacan.com/zizunder.htm>
- The Subject Supposed to Loot and Rape. In These Times. October 20, 2005. <http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/2361/>. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizneworleans.htm>.
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Melbourne School of Continental Philosophy. September 17, 2005. <http://mscp.org.au/>. Also listed at Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizeksomewhere.htm>.
- Knee-Deep London Review of Books. September 9, 2005. <>. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizek-deep.htm>.
- The De-Sublimated Object of Post-Ideology. Lacanian Ink. Volume 26, Fall. pp 118-125. <http://www.lacan.com/frameXXVI6.htm>
- Anxiety: Kierkegaard with Lacan. Lacanian Ink. Volume 26, Fall. pp 102-117. <http://www.lacan.com/frameXXVI5.htm>
- Lenin Shot at Finland Station. London Review of Books. Volume 27. Number 16. August 18, 2005. <http://www.lrb.co.uk/v27/n16/zize01_.html>. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizekfinland.htm>.
- Give Iranian Nukes a Chance: In a Mad World, the Logic of MAD Still Works. In These Times. August 11, 2005. <http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/2280/>. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizekiranian.htm>.
- Revolution Must Strike Twice. London Review of Books. Volume 24, Number 14. July 25, 2005. <http://www.lrb.co.uk/v24/n14/zize01_.html>.
- Seize the Day: Lenin's Legacy. London Review of Books. July 25, 2005. <http://egs.edu/faculty/zizek/zizek-seize-the-day-lenins-legacy.html>.
- Between Two Deaths. London Review of Books. June 3, 2005. <>. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizektorture.htm>.
- Are We in a War? Do We Have an Enemy?. London Review of Books. Volume 24. Number 10. May 23, 2005. <http://www.lrb.co.uk/v24/n10/zize01_.html>.
- Thanks, But We'll Do It Ourselves. In These Times. June 19, 2005. <http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/2169/>. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizekamish.htm>.
- The Constitution is Dead - Long Live Proper Politics. The Guardian. June 4, 2005. <http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,1498989,00.html>. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizekconstitution.htm>.
- The Act and Its Vicissitudes. The Symptom. Volume 6. Spring. May 26, 2005. <http://www.lacan.com/symptom6_articles/zizek.html>.
- The Politics of Jouissance. Lacanian Ink. Volume 24/25. Spring. pp. 126-135. <http://www.lacan.com/frameXXIV6.htm>.
- Odradek as a Political Category. Lacanian Ink. Volume 24/25. Spring. pp. 136-153. <http://www.lacan.com/frameXXIV7.htm>.
- Revenge of Global Finance. In These Times. May 21, 2005. <http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/2122/>. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizekfinance.htm>.
- Over the Rainbow Coalition! London Review of Books. Volume 26, Number 21. April 13, 2005. <http://www.lrb.co.uk/v26/n21/zize01_.html>. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/coalition.htm>.
- The Pope's Failures. In These Times. April 8, 2005. <http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/2059/>. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizekpope.htm>.
- The Two Totalitarianisms. London Review of Books. Volume 27, Number 7. March 17, 2005. <http://www.lrb.co.uk/v27/n06/zize01_.html>. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizektwoto.htm>.
- The Empty Wheelbarrow. The Guardian. February 19, 2005. <http://www.guardian.co.uk>. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizekempty.htm>.
- The Not-So-Quiet American. In These Times. February 14, 2005. <http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1959/>. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizbush.htm>.
- On Divine Self-Limitation and Revolutionary Love. Interview: Joshua Delpech-Ramey Journal of Philosophy & Scripture. Spring 2004. <http://www.lacan.com/zizekscripture.htm>
- Jews, Christians and other Monsters. Lacanian Ink. Volume 23. Spring 2004. pp 82-99. <http://www.lacan.com/frameXXIII5.htm>
- On Opera: La Clemenza di Tito, or the Ridiculously-Obscene Excess of Mercy Lacan.com. 2004. <http://www.lacan.com/zizekopera1.htm>
- A Plea for Ethical Violence. Umbr(a): War. Number 1. 2004. <http://www.gsa.buffalo.edu/lacan/war.html>.
- The Parallax View. New Left Review. Volume 25. 2004. pp 121-134. <>.
- Entretien avec SZ, le nouvel philosophe. Le Nouvel Observateur. November 11, 2004. <http://permanent.nouvelobs.com/>. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/nouvob.htm>.
- The Liberal Waterloo. In These Times. November 5, 2004. <http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1662/> Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizekwaterloo.htm>.
- The Free World ... of Slums. In These Times. September 23, 2004. <http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1090/>. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizekslums.htm>.
- The Only Good Neighbour is a Dead Neighbour! Lacaniank Ink Volume 19. Fall 2004. pp 82-103. <http://www.lacan.com/frameXIX5.htm>
- Henning Mankell, the Artist of the Parallax View. Lacan.com June 13, 2004. <http://www.lacan.com/zizekmankell.htm>
- Between Two Deaths. London Review of Books'. Volume 26. Number 1.. June 3, 2004. <http://www.lrb.co.uk/v26/n11/zize01_.html>
- Il n'y a pas de rapport religieux. Lacaniank Ink Volume 18. Spring 2004. pp 80-107. <http://www.lacan.com/frameXVIII6.htm>
- What Rumsfeld Doesn't Know That He Knows About Abu Ghraib. In These Times. May 21, 2004. <http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/747/>
- What Does Europe Want? In These Times. May 1, 2004. <http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/166/>. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizekslovenia.htm>.
- Passion: Regular or Decaf? In These Times. February 27, 2004. <http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/146/>. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizek-passion.htm>
- Iraq's False Promises Foreign Policy. January/February 2004. pp.43-49. <http://www.foreignpolicy.com>. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizek-iraq2.htm>.
- What Is To Be Done (With Lenin)? In These Times. January 21, 2004. <http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/135/>
- Christians, Jews and Other Criminals: A Critique of Jean-Claude Milner Lacan.com. 2004. <http://www.lacan.com/milner.htm>.
- Passion in the Era of Decaffeinated Belief. The Symptom. Volume 5. Winter 2004 <http://www.lacan.com/passionf.htm>.
- Homo Sacer as the Object of the University Discourse. Lacan.com. 2004. <http://www.lacan.com/hsacer.htm>
- Have Michael Hardt and Antonio Negri Rewritten the Communist Manifesto for the XXI Century? Rethinking Marxism. Volume 13, Number 3/4. 2004. <http://www.egs.edu/faculty/zizek/zizek-have-michael-hardt-antonio-negri-communist-manifesto.html>
- Parallax. London Review of Books. Volume 25. Number 22. November 20, 2003. <http://www.lrb.co.uk/v25/n22/zize01_.html>
- Learning To Love Leni Riefenstahl. In These Times. September 10, 2003. <http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/102/>. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizekleni.htm>.
- Not a Desire to Have Him, But to Be Like Him. London Review of Books. Volume 25. Number 16. August 21, 2003. <http://www.lrb.co.uk/v25/n16/zize01_.html>
- Will You Laugh for Me, Please? In These Times. July 18, 2003. <http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/88/>
- Ideology Reloaded. June 6, 2003.
- Bring Me My Philips Mental Jacket. London Review of Books. Volume 25. Number 10. May 22, 2003. <http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/80/>
- How Much Democracy Is Too Much? In These Times. May 19, 2003. <http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/73/>
- Paranoid Reflections. London Review of Books. VOlume 25. Number 7. April 3, 2003. <http://www.lrb.co.uk/v25/n07/zize01_.html>
- Today, Iraq. Tomorrow ... Democracy? In These Times. March 18, 2003. <http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/565/>
- The Iraq War: Where is the True Danger?. Lacan.com. March 13, 2003. <http://www.lacan.com/iraq.htm>. Also hosted by the European Graduate School. <http://egs.edu/faculty/zizek/zizek-the-iraq-war-where-is-the-true-danger.html>
- Catastrophes Real and Imagined. In These Times. February 28, 2003. <http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/56/>
- Are We Allowed To Enjoy Daphnée du Maurier?. Centre for Theology and Politics. <http://www.theologyandpolitics.com/Files/Zizek%20CTP%20Daphne%20du%20Maurier.pdf>. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizdaphmaur.htm>.
- Liberation Hurts. Interview: Eric Dean Rasmussen. University of Illinois at Chicago. September 29, 2003.
- Homo Sacer in Afghanistan. ‘’Lacaniank Ink’’ Volume 22. Spring 2002. pp 100-113. <http://www.lacan.com/frameXX6.htm>
- A Plea for Leninist Intolerance. ‘’Critical Inquiry’’. Winter 2002. Volume: 28 Issue: 2. pp.542-566. <http://www.lacan.com/zizek-plea.htm> <http://www.uchicago.edu/research/jnl-crit-inq/v28/v28n2.zizek.html>
- Welcome to the Desert of the Real. ‘’The Symptom’’. Volume 2. Spring 2002. < http://www.lacan.com/desertsymf.htm>
- The Real of Sexual Difference. Barnard, S. & Fink, B., ‘’Reading Seminar XX’’. New York: SUNY.
- The Desert of the Real. In These Times. October 29, 2001. <http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1588/>
- Self-Deceptions. On Being Tolerant and Smug. Die Gazette. Israel. August 27, 2001. <http://www.lacan.com/zizek-self.htm >
- The One Measure of True Love is "You Can Insult the Other". Spiked. November 17, 2001. <http://www.lacan.com/zizek-measure.htm>
- Desert of the Real. Lacaniank In. Volume 16. Spring 2000. pp 64-81. <http://www.lacan.com/zizekdesertwo.htm>
- Why We All Love to Hate Heider. New Left Review. Volume 2. March/April 2000. pp 37-45
- From Proto-Reality to the Act. Centre for Theology and Politics. <http://www.lacan.com/zizproto.htm>
- Postface: Georg Lukacs as the philosopher of Leninism. Lukacs G., A Defence of History and Class Consciousness. London: Verso. 2000.
- Lacan between Cultural Studies and Cognitivism. Umbr(a): Science and Truth. Number 1. 2000. pp 9-32. <http://www.gsa.buffalo.edu/lacan/science.html>
- Run, Isolde, Run. Lacaniank Ink. Volume 17. Fall 2000. pp 78-99. <http://www.lacan.com/frameXVII5.htm>
- Ideological Fraud. The National Interest. Washington. Winter 2000. <http://egs.edu/faculty/zizek/zizek-ideological-fraud.html>
- Femininity Between Goodness And Act. Lacaniank Ink. Volume 14. Spring 1999. pp 26-40. < http://www.lacan.com/frameXIV3.htm>
- Laugh Yourself to Death: the New Wave of Holocaust Comedies! Lunds Universitet. December 15, 1999. <http://www.lacan.com/zizekholocaust.htm>
- You May! London Review of Books. Volume 21. Number 6. March 18, 1999. <http://www.lrb.co.uk/v21/n06/zize01_.html>.
- The Spectre Is Still Roaming Around. Arkzin’’. Zagreb 1998. <http://www.egs.edu/faculty/zizek/zizek-the-spectre-is-still-roaming-around.html>
- Civil Society, Fanaticism, and Digital Reality: A Conversation with Slavoj Zizek. CTheory. 1999. <http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=79>
- Surplus-Enjoyment Lacaniank Ink. Fall 1999. pp 98-107. <http://www.lacan.com/frameXV6.htm>. Also hosted by the European Graduate School. <http://egs.edu/faculty/zizek/zizek-surplus-enjoyment-between-the-sublime-and-the-trash.html>
- The Matrix, or, the Two Sides of Perversion. Inside the Matrix: International Symposium, Center for Art and Media. Karlsruhe. October 28, 1999. <http://www.lacan.com/zizek-matrix.htm>
- Attempts to Escape the Logic of Capitalism. London Review of Books. Volume 21. Number 21. October 28, 1999. <http://www.lrb.co.uk/v21/n21/zize01_.html>
- When the Party Commits Suicide. New Left Review. Volume 238. November/December 1999. pp 26-47. <http://egs.edu/faculty/zizek/zizek-when-the-party-commits-suicide.html>
- Human Rights and Its Discontents. Olin Auditorium, Bard College. November 16, 1999. < http://www.lacan.com/zizek-human.htm >
- The Lesbian Session. Lacaniank Ink. Volume 12. Spring 1998. pp. 58-69. <http://www.lacan.com/frameXII5.htm>
- For a Leftist Appropriation of the European Legacy. Journal of Political Ideologies. Abingdon. February 1998. <>. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizek-leftist.htm>
- The Interpassive Subject. Centre Georges Pompidou. Paris, Traverses. 1998. <http://www.lacan.com/zizek-pompidou2.htm>. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizek-pompidou.htm>
- Risk Society and Its Discontents. Historical Materialism. Volume 2. pp 143-64.
- A Leftist Plea for 'Eurocentrism'. Critical Inquiry. Summer 1998. Volume 24, Number 4. <www.uchicago.edu/research/jnl-crit-inq/v24/v24n4.zizek.html>
- Psychoanalysis and Post-Marxism: the Case of Alain Badiou. The South Atlantic Quaterly. Durham. Spring 1998. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizek-badiou.htm>
- From "Passionate Attachments" to Dis-identification. Umbr(a): Identity/Identification. Number 1. 1998. <http://www.gsa.buffalo.edu/lacan/zizekidentity.htm>. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizekpassionate.htm>.
- Kant And Sade: The Ideal Couple. Lacaniank Ink. Volume 13. Fall 1998. pp 12-25. <http://www.lacan.com/frameXIII2.htm>
- Hysteria and Cyberspace: Interview with Slavoj Zizek. Telepolis. July 10, 1998. <http://www.heise.de/tp/r4/artikel/2/2492/1.html>.
- The Supposed Subject Of Ideology. Critical Quarterly. Summer 1997. pp 39-59.
- From Joyce-the-Symptom to the Symptom of Power Lacaniank Ink. Volume 11. Fall 1997. pp 12-25. <http://www.lacan.com/frameXI2.htm>
- The Big Other Doesn't Exist. Journal of European Psychoanalysis. Spring-Fall 1997. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizekother.htm>
- Multiculturalism, or The Cultural Logic of Multinational Capitalism. New Left Review. Volume 225. September/October 1997. pp 28-51. <>
- Desire: Drive = Truth: Knowledge. Umbr(a): On The Drive. 1997. pp 147-152. <http://www.gsa.buffalo.edu/lacan/desire.html>. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizek-desire.htm>.
- Re-visioning "Lacanian" Social Criticism: The Law & Its Obscene Double. Journal for the Psychoanalysis of Culture & Society. Volume 1. 1996.
- Love beyond Law. Centre for Theology and Politics. 1996. <http://www.theologyandpolitics.com/Files/Zizek%20CTP%20Love%20beyond%20Law.pdf>. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizlola.htm>.
- There Is No Sexual Relationship, Wagner As A Lacanian. New German Critique. Fall 1996. pp 7-35.
- Woman is One of the Names-of-the-Father, or How Not to Misread Lacan's Formulas of Sexuation Lacanian Ink. Volume 10. Fall 1995. pp 24-39. <http://www.lacan.com/zizekwoman.htm>.
- Reflections of Media, Politics and Cinema Interview by Geert Lovink. Inter Communication. Number 14. February 27, 1995. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/zizek-reflections.htm>.
- The Audiovisual Contract - Noise Surrounding Reality. Deutsche Zeitschrift fur Philosophie. 1995. pp 521-533.
- It Doesn't Have to Be a Jew. Interview: Josefina Ayerza. Lusitania. Volume 2, Number 4. 1994. Also listed on Lacan.com. <http://www.lacan.com/perfume/Zizekinter.htm>
- Kant As A Theoretician Of Vampirism. Lacanian Ink. Volume 8. Spring 1994. pp 19-34.
- The Sublime Theorist Of Slovenia. P. Canning. Artforum. March 1993. pp 84-89.
- The Inner Civilization Of Human Rights (Slovenia) And The Other Barbarism (The Rest Of The Balkans). Du-Die Zeitschrift der Kultur. 1993. pp 26-28.
- Hegels Logic As A Theory Of Ideology. Lacanian Ink. Volume 7. Spring 1993. pp. 29-48.
- From Courtly Love to The Crying Game. New Left Review. Volume 202. November/December 1993. pp 95-108.
- Hidden Prohibitions And The Pleasure Principle. Interview: Josefina Ayerza. Flash Art. March-April 1992. pp 68-70. <http://www.lacan.com/perfume/zizek.htm>
- Eastern European Liberalism And Its Borderlines. Oxford Literary Review. 1992. pp 25-44.
- The Ideological-Practical Core Of The Fundamental Operation In Hegel's Logic Of Reflection. Filosofski Vestnik-Acta Philosophica. 1992. pp 9-25.
- Cogito And The Sexual Difference. American Journal of Semiotics. 1992. pp 5-32.
- Ethnic Dance Macabre. The Guardian. Manchester. August 28, 1992. <http://www.lacan.com/zizek-ethnic.htm>
- In His Bold Gaze My Ruin Is Writ Large. Lacanian Ink. Volume 6. Fall 1992. pp 25-42. <http://www.lacan.com/frameVI2.htm>
- Kant - The Subject Out Of Joint. Filozofski Vestnik-Acta Philosophica. 1992. pp 233-248.
- Why Does A Letter Always Arrive At Its Destination? Lacanian Ink. Volume 2. Winter 1991. pp 9-28. <http://www.lacan.com/frameII1.htm>
- Formal Democracy And Its Discontents. American Imago. 1991. pp 181-198.
- Grimaces of the Real, or When the Phallus Appears. October. Volume 58. Fall 1991. pp 44-68.
- Eastern Europe Republics Of Gilead. New Left Review. Volume 183. Sept - Oct 1990. pp 50-62.
- Rossellini: Woman As Symptom Of Man. October. Fall 1990. pp 18-44.
- Death And Sublimation: The Final Scene Of City Lights. American Journal of Semiotics. 1990. pp 63-72.
- The Logic Of The Detective-Novel. Pamietnik Literacki. 1990. pp 253-283.
- The Detective And The Analyst - The Shift From Detective-Story To Detective-Novel In The 1920s. Literature and Psychology. 1990. pp 27-46.
- Looking Awry - Pornography. October. Fall 1989. pp 31-55.